STEP Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Private Wealth Advising - A look 'inside'
As the global economic environment is constantly evolving and the needs of the client are becoming more complex, practitioners working in the private wealth field need to excel as never before.
Launched in March 2016, the STEP Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Private Wealth Advising is a new level 7, certificated qualification designed for senior practitioners in the private client and wealth management fields, whether you are a Solicitor, Wealth Manager, Family Business Advisor, Family Office Executive or Trust Manager.
The programme was introduced by STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) and CLT International as the new specialist route for individuals eager to enhance their professional status and take their career to the next level. The Postgraduate Diploma builds on existing knowledge and broadens practitioners’ understanding of critical thinking, risk assessment and business strategy.
Participants will attend the world class and renowned facilities of the University of Oxford and stay at Oxford’s premier hotel, The Randolph, favoured by academics, visiting dignitaries and socialites. Oxford is a little over an hour away from Heathrow and Birmingham airports, both of which cater for long and short haul travel. It makes an ideal destination for international and domestic participants, and has already attracted delegates from Singapore, Dubai, New Zealand, Mumbai, Switzerland, UK, Cayman Islands, Isle of Man and the USA.
Participants will be taught at an appropriately advanced level enabling them to:
- Expand their knowledge beyond the practitioner level to higher level of strategic thinking
- Identify new or developing opportunities and markets for your firm’s business
- Rigorously consider your firm’s strengths (and weaknesses) in the highly competitive area of private wealth management, making improvements and/or mitigating risk
- Meet, engage and explore new and challenging concepts with a cohort of likeminded and similarly senior and experienced practitioners from around the globe
- Obtain 90 Masters level credits towards a new MSc (in Private Wealth Management) with the University of Law, which is currently being developed.
Offering a unique blend of distance learning, the two residential weekends provide eight specialist masterclasses covering the following key topics:
- Strategic Risk Management for Leaders (led by Simon Griffiths of Risk Connect)
- Family Business Advising (led by Ken McCracken of KPMG)
- Trust Disputes (led by Toby Graham of Farrer & Co)
- Strategic Philanthropy (led by Maya Prabhu of Coutts & Co)
- Cross Border Succession (led by Nicola Saccardo of Maisto e Associati)
- International Tax (led by Stephen Arthur or Temple Tax Chambers)
- Wills, Estates and Probate (led by Martyn Frost, TEP)
- Compliance for Trustee (led by Peter Hodson, TEP)
‘Thought provoking and definitely something I will discuss more with my clients. The topics really worked well together.’
‘I travelled from Europe and it was a complete pleasure to meet everyone and be part of the programme, with such an interesting and diverse group of professionals. The course and the topics are very interesting.’
‘I feel privileged to be part of the inaugural group for the Postgraduate programme. I am particularly pleased with the mix of participants in the cohort, as this is an important factor in shaping the dynamics of a collective learning journey. The masterclasses were well structured. I really enjoyed the sessions.’
The programme is awarded by STEP, the world leading professional body for individuals and businesses working within the family wealth and succession industry, and delivered by CLT International, STEP’s primary education partner, operating in around 90 countries and specialising in the delivery of certificated, professional training programmes.
For those interested or looking to find out more, an exclusive interview with Rob Rowe (Managing Director, CLTI) and Simon Griffiths (Tutor and Contributing Author, Risk Management Masterclass) is available upon request, or by visiting www.cltint.com/course/step-ppgd.