CLT International is committed to ensuring that its digital products, services and experiences are accessible and inclusive. Our digital content and website should enable fair and equal access for disabled people and those with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive impairments.
Measures to support accessibility
CLT International takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of its digital content, products and services.
- Include accessibility as part of our vision and priorities.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. CLT International is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Our goal is to meet and exceed the requirements of WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance. We also aim to apply Level AAA success criterion 1.46: Contrast (Enhanced), where the visual presentation of text and images of text has a contrast ratio of at least 7:1, except for large text (which instead has a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1), incidental text, and logotypes.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of CLT International. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the CLT International website:
- Phone: +44 (0) 20 7490 0049
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Address: Accessibility Steering Group, Head Office, 5th Floor, 10 Whitechapel High Street, London, E1 8QS
- Postal Address: Accessibility Steering Group, Head Office, 5th Floor, 10 Whitechapel High Street, London, E1 8QS
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/clt-international/
- Facebook: @weareCLTI
- Twitter: @weareCLTI
We aim to respond to feedback within 3-5 working days (please note that 'working days' excludes weekends and UK Public Holidays).
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The CLT International website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- NVDA screen reader with more recent versions of Google Chrome on Windows 10 and 11
- The website is expected to work with more recent versions of the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 and 11, and Safari on macOS Monterey
Compatibility with JAWS and other web browsers and OS has yet to be tested fully.
CLT International is NOT yet compatible with:
- Most mobile devices or tablets when accessing some parts of the website, as the CLT International website is not fully mobile optimised
Accessibility of the website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the CLT International website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the website:
- Alternative text: Images may not have alternative text descriptions yet because of limitations in our current website capabilities. We will resolve this issue and add alternative text to all images by the end of 2022. If you need alternative text for any images, please contact us using the details provided above.
- Text colour contrast: Some text may be difficult to read because of insufficient colour contrast in some areas. We will aim to change the colour palette to provide sufficient contrast on all text by the end of 2022. If you encounter an issue or require any text in a different format, please contact us using the details above.
- PDF documents: Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software because of limitations in the way the document was created. We will be replacing all older PDF documents with accessible versions and/ or be providing the information in an alternative format by the end of 2022. If you encounter an issue or require the information included within a PDF in a different format, please contact us using the details above.
- Text size and typeface: Some users may find text difficult to read because of the text size and typeface used. We aim to change the text size and/or typeface to ensure all text is easily readable by the end of 2022. If you encounter an issue or require any text in a different format, please contact us using the details above.
- Embedded videos: Some videos may not have closed captions because of limitations when the videos were produced. We aim to replace all embedded videos with captioned versions and/ or provide the information in an alternative format by the end of 2022. If you encounter an issue or require a transcript of an embedded video, please contact us using the details above.
- Third party links: This website contains links to other websites which may not follow the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standard and criteria. We have limited control over the quality of content provided by third party websites and are not responsible for their content. If you experience any issues after following a link to website outside of the CLT International domain, please contact the third party directly for support.
CLT International conducted an initial audit of the website by the following approach:
For formal complaints, please contact the Accessibility Steering Group using the contact details in the ‘Feedback’ section above.
You can also contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service by phone (0808 800 0082), text phone (0808 800 0084) or by using the email form on their website. They advise and assist individuals on issues relating to equality and human rights, across England, Scotland and Wales.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Managing Director of CLT International
For and on behalf of the Executive Sponsor
CEO, Wilmington Plc
This statement was created on 24 February 2022.