This course (delivered in conjunction with Rockwills Institute Pte Ltd) covers the core legal issues involved in financial and estate planning in Singapore.
This course has been withdrawn from our suite of programmes whilst we redevelop its design and curriculum. We anticipate the new programme(s) will be available in 2020 for enrolment. Please register your interest in the new programme and receive updates about its development by completing our interest form below.
The existing course will enable you to efficiently integrate your current tasks in wealth accumulation management with the estate planning and distribution objectives of your clients.
You will be able to
- Identify how aspects of Personal Law such as bankruptcy and divorce affect a client’s estate planning needs.
- Use the technical legal language underpinning private client matters.
- Explain the salient features and benefits of making a will and how dying intestate affects the direction of a client’s wealth.
- Explain the processes involved in administrating a client’s estate and the executor’s role.
- Describe the variety of trust structures commonly found in private client work in Singapore.
- Describe the use and appropriateness of testamentary trusts and declaration of trusts.
- Describe the principles governing Muslim estates and the use of various Muslim compliant estate planning tools.
- Describe the key regulatory aspects relating to Singapore trusts and the obligations of trustees under the Singapore Trustees Act and PTCs (Private Trust Companies).
- Explain the purpose and use of insurance trusts in legacy planning.
- Use buy-sell agreements and trusts in business succession.
- Describe the continuance of trust investments and the trustee’s duties and responsibilities.
- Describe the tax treatment of trusts in Singapore and its impact on the different stakeholders.
- Outline the scope and use of the lasting power of attorney and appointment of deputies and how they can be affected.
- Understand philanthropic planning and the charities law framework in Singapore.
This course is designed for financial services professionals who have professional experience or have undertaken previous study of trusts, tax and estate planning in Asia.
Students of this course typically include:
- IFAs/Financial planners
- Estate/Wealth Planners
- Investment Managers/Advisers
- Private Bankers
- Will Writers
- Legal Assistants/Paralegals
Course Enquiry Form
This course covers the nature of money laundering (ML) and terrorist financing (TF), how the offences of ML/TF are committed, how money is laundered, initiatives to prevent its commission and the laws, regulations and best practice.
This course covers the most up-to-date developments in the industry, introducing you to the fundamentals of international trusts, trust operations and requirements in a global and local environment.
The STEP Diploma in International Trust Management is recognised worldwide as the benchmark qualification for those working in the international trusts industry.