Last few places remain for May 2018!
The STEP Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Private Wealth Advising is the new, level 7, certificated qualification that has been specifically designed for senior industry practitioners and experienced TEPs.
This programme will enable you to enhance and build on your existing knowledge, skills and ability to offer the private client a bespoke, comprehensive service. Whilst giving you the opportunity to showcase your existing skillset, this course will also broaden your understanding of critical thinking, risk assessment and business strategy.
This specialist qualification will be of particular interest to:
- Private Client Solicitors
- Wealth Managers
- Family Business Advisors
- International Tax Advisors
- Private Bankers
- Family Office Executives
- Trust Officers
- Senior Financial Planners
- Senior Lawyers
The programme will comprise eight masterclass sessions led by industry experts, which will take place over two condensed residential weekends at the world renowned University of Oxford, in England.
- Strategic Risk Management for Leaders (led by Simon Griffiths of Risk Connect)
- Family Business Advising (led by Ken McCracken of KPMG)
- Trust Disputes (led by Toby Graham of Farrer & Co)
- Strategic Philanthropy (led by Maya Prabhu of Coutts & Co)
- Cross Border Succession (led by Nicola Saccardo of Maisto e Associati)
- International Tax (led by Stephen Arthur of Temple Tax Chambers)
- Wills, Probate & Estates (led by Martyn Frost, TEP)
- Compliance for Trustees (led by Peter Hodson, TEP)
Upon registration you will be given access to an online learning platform, which contains pre-course reading (from the STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates and STEP Diploma in International Trust Management course manuals), bespoke course reading for the eight Masterclass topics, pre-recorded webinars and a range of additional, useful resources.
The assessment for this course consists of:
- Eight 1,000 – 1,500 word masterclass commentaries that form a reflective journal: these are summaries of the key learning points outlined in the masterclasses and their impact on your own practice
- A three-hour, face-to-face interview based on your chosen area of specialism
Access to a Master's degree
The STEP Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Private Wealth Advising is currently being accredited as part of a new MSc qualification delivered by the University of Law via online distance learning: the MSc in Private Wealth Management. Once you successfully complete the Postgraduate Diploma, it is likely that you will gain 90 M-Level credits that count towards the MSc course. You will have the option of studying the MSc course over a period of 15, 18 or 24 months and to gain the full Master’s degree you will need to complete one 30 credit module and submit a dissertation. The fee for the MSc is likely to be around £4,500 + UK VAT. Further details will be made available here shortly.