*COVID-19: ONLINE delivery and examinations until end of 2020. More info below.*
This course is an advanced programme for mid-senior industry practitioners looking to broaden their understanding of critical thinking, risk assessment and business strategy.
As a result of the situation relating to COVID-19, the 2021 intake (starting April 2020) for the STEP Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Private Wealth Advising has been withdrawn from our programme calendar. Over the coming months, CLTI and STEP will be taking the opportunity to review the overall design and delivery, ahead of the next intake (due to begin in November 2020) to ensure students and applicants from around the world can gain access to this qualification and receive an interactive, innovative learning experience. We anticipate the new programme(s) will be available at the end of 2020 for enrolment. Please register your interest in the new programme and receive updates to the development by completing our interest form below.
The course syllabus is designed to enhance and build on your knowledge, skills and ability whilst giving you the opportunity to showcase your existing skillset. This programme also broadens your understanding of critical thinking, risk assessment and business strategy. Once you complete this course, you will gain a first-class, specialist qualification and have the expertise needed to take your career to the next level.
You will be able to
- Demonstrate mastery of the knowledge and skills required for senior advisors in the private wealth field.
- Provide your clients with the highest standard of service.
- Network with like-minded senior practitioners and increase your professional connections.
- Set yourself apart from other senior practitioners.
- Become a Full Member of STEP and use the TEP designation.
The course is designed for all professionals moving into or working in financial services (specifically trusts and corporate services), who wish to develop their understanding and knowledge of this area.
Students of this course typically include:
- Private Client Advisors
- Wealth Managers
- International Tax Advisors
- Private Bankers
- Family Office Executives
- Trust Officers
- Family Business Advisors
- Senior Financial Planners
- Senior Lawyers
- Masterclasses cover a range of topical subjects which will appeal to all wealth practitioners.
- Masterclasses are led by recognized industry experts with a wealth of experience to share.
- Cohort sizes are limited to ensure that all students have opportunities to participate and interact. Participation is encouraged so that students can benefit from colleagues sharing their experiences.
- Alumni from the programme have gone on to develop new business and revenue streams from insights and knowledge gained from the programme.
- Unparalleled networking opportunities with similarly minded senior practitioners, often from a range of professional backgrounds and jurisdictions.
- Participation in masterclasses and subsequent consolidation of what is taught, enhanced by own research completed in preparation of the Reflective Journal and Oral Assessment, will have real practical benefit in the workplace.
- Delivered over two condensed residential weekends, this programme is ideal for time-pressed professionals or those travelling from overseas.
- Successful completion fulfils the educational requirement (120 Diploma level credits) for full STEP membership, meaning that graduates are eligible for full STEP membership (subject to having 2 years’ experience at a specialist level).
- Access to a masters’ degree – the programme is accredited with 90 M-level credits towards an MSc with the University of Law.
Format, Delivery and Assessment
*Now Online!* We have committed to delivering all courses that are taking place from July until the end of December 2020 ONLINE, in response to the situation relating to COVID-19 — including workshops, revision classes and assessments.
Watch this space to learn how we are supporting our students through the transition to the online environment.