Course Enquiry Form
The STEP Diploma: International Trust Management Pathway is recognised worldwide as the benchmark qualification for those working in the international trusts industry.
The course is designed to develop and enhance your understanding of how trusts, companies and related structures are created, managed, regulated and operated as asset-holding vehicles for investment and related activities. It ensures that practitioners from all professions in the industry understand how to advise clients and practice successfully.
This qualification is globally recognised and sought after by employers and professionals throughout the international finance centres.
Please visit the individual course pages, listed in the Format, Delivery and Assessment section, to book your place.
You will be able to:
- Advise on the classification, types and uses of trusts, the factors affecting their validity and the circumstances under which they can and cannot be altered.
- Explain the roles, responsibilities, limitations and liabilities of trustees, protectors and enforcers under local and international law.
- Understand money, bond and equity markets, financial appraisal and ratio analysis and options, derivatives and futures markets.
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of trustees in relation to investment matters under local and international legislation.
- Advise on the use of trusts in modern tax planning.
- Advise on the issues surrounding modern reserved powers legislation.
- Identify and advise on the factors affecting a client’s residence and domicile and outline the impact of these on a client’s estate planning needs.
- Analyse the conflict of laws rules (doctrine of renvoi) applicable to multi-jurisdictional trusts and advise clients when these rules may apply.
- Explain the regulatory frameworks that have developed globally to counteract fraud and money laundering.
- Carry out the ‘know your client’ checks that are required for compliance with anti-money.
- Laundering regulations in your local jurisdiction.
- Construct and interpret a set of trust accounts.
- Understand the day-to-day affairs of an offshore company including the processes of incorporation and dissolution.
The course is designed for all professionals moving into or working in financial services (specifically trusts and corporate services), who wish to develop their understanding and knowledge of this area.
Students of this course typically include:
- Trust Officers/Administrators
- Trust Managers (Senior)
- Corporate Administrators
- Wealth Managers
- Tax Advisers
- Compliance Officers/Managers
- Private Bankers
- Client Relations/Marketing/Sales
- Financial/Estate Planners
- Ideal for practitioners looking for professional accreditation, moving into or already working within the trusts industry.
- A recognised ‘gold-standard’ professional qualification for those working in the industry, globally recognised by employers, regulators, clients and professionals.
- Blended delivery, written and taught by practitioners, focusing on everyday matters encountered in international trust management from creation, modern usage and administration of trusts and the provision of corporate services.
- Ability to grow your own professional network, meeting students from a range of professions providing an opportunity for networking, building relationships and sharing study tips/support as a cohort.
- Students have the opportunity to submit academic queries to a dedicated programme content team.
- Successful completion of the course will award students with 120 Diploma-Level credits towards STEP membership.
- The course is subject to the rigorous quality assurance procedures of Manchester Business School, a Faculty of the University of Manchester
Please note all courses are delivered fully online.
This Diploma programme comprises four standalone STEP Advanced Certificate courses that together cover the curriculum of the STEP Diploma: International Trust Management Pathway.
With content written by industry professionals for industry professionals, and a clear focus on everyday matters encountered in international trust management, together, the four Advanced Certificates that make up the traditional STEP Diploma in International Trust Management are a ‘gold-standard’ professional qualification for those working in the industry – globally recognised by employers, regulators, clients and professionals.
Demonstrate your commitment to your career and enhance your ability to give holistic advice to clients as a trusted adviser with these four Advanced Certificates, which have been specifically designed together to develop and enhance your understanding of how trusts, companies and related structures are created, managed, regulated and operated as asset-holding vehicles for investment and related activities.
The four papers which comprise this Diploma are:
- Advanced Certificate in Trusts: Law and Practice (International)
- Advanced Certificate in Company Law and Practice
- Advanced Certificate in Trustees’ Duties: Investment and Management of the Trust Fund
- Advanced Certificate in Principles of International Taxation, AML and Compliance
Each of these Advanced Certificates can be taken as a standalone qualification or as part of the Diploma Programme.
To enrol onto the Diploma, and book a place for one of the Advanced Certificates to start your journey, you will need to select the course from the list below:
Thank you for your interest in CLTI or STEP products. Due to government regulations, we are unable to accept online payments from, or, on behalf of students from certain countries and territories without prior agreement. Please contact us for further details on email@example.com, +44 (0) 121 362 7733.
Get in touch...
To discuss your options, or speak to a member of the Admissions Team, please get in touch.