This course covers the practical areas of fund structures and strategies, accounting and valuation, taxation, and regulation for those working in fund administration or support.
The course will enable you to develop an understanding of the funds industry and some of the key roles that support fund operations, and consider the different fund structures, strategies for investment and regulatory obligations.
You will be able to
- Understand the fundamental workings of the fund industry, including relevant terminology, and the roles and responsibilities of the different teams supporting a fund.
- Be able to identify and understand different fund structures and the documents relating to them.
- Be familiar with, and able to explain the differences between, various fund strategies.
- Be familiar with key terminology and processes in relation to accounting and valuations, and be able to carry out straightforward calculations.
- Understand the basic principles of the taxation of funds, including VAT and transfer pricing, and be able to carry out straightforward calculations.
- Understand the key regulation affecting fund administrators and the obligations placed upon the fund administrator by company law and AML provisions.
The course has been designed for those who are relatively new to the industry or more experienced practitioners who want to refresh their core knowledge.
Students typically include:
- Fund administrators
- Accounting or finance graduates
- Company secretaries
- Compliance professionals
- Investment managers
- Support staff for custodians, banks or trusts
- The programme gives you knowledge of the funds industry and enables you to understand the tasks that those administering or providing other support to a fund will carry out.
- It is a unique qualification in the industry for those who work in fund administration, accounting and support/operations.
- It forms part of a suite of fund administration qualifications and supports the career path of a fund administrator.
- The course is delivered through e-learning with interactive exercises and tasks for students to complete, supplemented with videos, podcasts and a variety of other resources.
- Students have the opportunity to submit academic queries to a dedicated programme content team.
- The Certificate is subject to the rigorous quality assurance procedures of Alliance Manchester Business School (a school of the University of Manchester).
Format, Delivery and Assessment
This course is available all year round with no formal intake for study. The programme is delivered entirely online and takes three months to complete. We recommend that you spend four to six hours per week on private study for the three months before taking the examination which can be taken at any time during your 12 months subscription to the course.
Enrolment onto this course will include the following:
- 12 months of access to the online learning platform which contains:
- e-learning modules, reflecting tasks that are undertaken in practice
- self-assessment material providing you with an opportunity to test your understanding at each stage
- distance learning support
- examination fees.
The course is assessed by way of a 90-minute online examination made up of 60 multiple-choice questions. The entire syllabus is examinable and examination questions may be set on material contained in any of the course materials provided.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will be awarded the Certificate in Fund Administration.
There are no formal exemptions available for this course. Completion of this course is not compulsory prior to enrolling onto the Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration, although is strongly recommended as the content within the Advanced Certificate course will build on the Certificate programme.
To enrol for this course, you must select the month that you are enrolling. Once we have received your application, we will register you onto the course and provide you with access to the materials.
You may be interested in studying one of our CPD Modules alongside the Advanced Certificate or after completing it. Thre are two modules available that focus on the regulatory landscape in either Jersey or Guernsey, enabling you to demonstrate a more detailed understanding of the local fund environment.
|Course Start Date||
|May 2020 Access||575.00||575.00||
|June 2020 Access||575.00||575.00||
|July 2020 Access||575.00||575.00||
Course Enquiry Form
This programme is an intermediate level course suitable for experienced fund administrators and back-office support staff. The course builds on the Certificate in Fund Administration and takes a detailed, practical look at key aspects of fund administration and accounting.
The CPD Module offers a detailed insight into the regulatory landscape in Jersey, reviewing some of the key the laws, rules and regulations with which funds must comply and guidance issued by the local regulator.
The CPD Module offers a detailed insight into the regulatory landscape in Guernsey, reviewing some of the key the laws, rules and regulations with which funds must comply and guidance issued by the local regulator.