The demand for qualified anti-money laundering professionals with the right training and expertise is on the rise as organisations are increasingly focusing on risk prevention.
Whether you are located in the UK or are based abroad, the STEP Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering provides you with all of the essential knowledge you need to establish a successful career in the field of anti-money laundering.
Offering you a flexible and convenient way of studying, this course is delivered through our online learning platform, which features a variety of useful resources. You also have the option of studying the online course with two interactive virtual classrooms that you can participate in (see the ‘Fees’ section below for more information).
This course takes approximately six months to complete and covers the following topics:
- The International Context
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
- AML in Practice
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
- Managing the Risk of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- Transaction Monitoring and Filtering Framework
- Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Emerging Industry Sectors
- Escalations and Exits
The course will be assessed by an online multiple choice examination.
The Certificate is open entry, and is suitable for those who work in the international private wealth management field and those who are looking to develop their understanding of anti-money laundering.
As the course is delivered in English, delegates will need to have a good standard of literacy.
The course is also suitable for:
- New/recently appointed MLROs and deputies
- New/recently appointed financial crime and risk officers
- Compliance officers
- Internal auditors assuming responsibilities for money laundering/financial crime issues
- All individuals engaged in financial services and who aspire to a career in anti-money laundering
Course Dates - STEP AML - 2019
Course Dates - STEP AML 2020
Course Dates - STEP AML 2021
Course Dates - STEP AML 2022
There are two versions of this course: an online course or an online course with two interactive virtual classrooms. The fees for both versions of the course can be found below:
Online course with online multiple choice examination.
- £895 (+ UK VAT)
- STEP Full Member discounted fee: £850 (+ UK VAT)
Online course with two virtual classrooms and an online multiple choice examination.
- £1,100 (+ UK VAT)
- STEP Full Member discounted fee: £1,045 (+ UK VAT)
If you would like further information about this qualification, why not come along to one of our Professional Development Open Evenings?
All are welcome to attend and you will have the opportunity to speak with the Course Director.
Our Professional Development Open Evenings will allow you to explore the programmes and development pathways available, whilst providing you with a platform to network with other industry practitioners, and meet members of the CLTI/STEP team.