With family business having emerged as a distinct area of knowledge and substantial field of practice in many cultures and countries, there is increasing pressure on the advisory community to ensure that the professional services provided to family business clients are creative, considered, compassionate and competitive.
Advisors must push the boundaries of their respective professions and come up with evermore creative and innovative solutions to help family business clients face the challenges that are unique to them by virtue of being a family in business together, and plan for the future of their business and their family’s future.
The STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Governance therefore expands on the theories and frameworks covered in the Advanced Certificate in Advising the Family Business and explores how the advisory community can absorb these new ideas and theories and apply them in practice by working through case studies, scenarios and activities.
Completing this programme will:
- Enhance family business expertise and capabilities within your firm/departments
- Provide you with access to a wider business and professional community of practice
- Help you to identify and develop business opportunities in this emerging market
- Facilitate you in offering more creative, considered and compassionate services to your clients, differentiating you from other providers
- Enhance your credibility with prospective clients
Delivered through our online learning platform, delegates will have access to a wide range of resources and support, including:
- Interactive eLearning modules comprising a combination of text, videos, podcasts, animations and interactive activities
- Printable versions of the modules and downloadable resources for delegates to keep following completion of the course
- Self-assessment questions and summative tasks for each module.
This course will take four to six months to complete and assessment is by way of a 3,500-word assignment. Please note that registration for the assessment is optional, however, for certification and to be awarded the STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Governance it is necessary to complete and pass the assignment. Delegates who successfully complete the qualification will also gain 30 Diploma Level credits towards STEP membership.
It is recommended that before enrolling on to this programme that delegates have completed the Advanced Certificate in Advising the Family Business which provides practical knowledge about what differentiates family businesses from other types of clients; introduces theories and frameworks that are needed to better understand family business dynamics, and identifies common concerns, transitions and difficulties encountered within a family business.