This Advanced Certificate is designed for any practitioner who is advising clients with a cross-border aspect to their estate. It explores the issues that advisers need to consider, taking examples from common law, civil law, Shariah law and hybrid jurisdictions.
The programme is written by a team of leading practitioners and deals with current issues such as the EU Succession Regulation, Rome IV Regulations and TIEAs.
The materials include practical examples from a range of jurisdictions and checklists so that the content can be related back to day-to-day office work.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to:
- Deal more effectively with complex issues of estate administration across multiple jurisdictions
- Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the impact of TIEAs, EU Succession Regulation 650/2012 and the Rome IV Regulations
- Enhance the service you offer your existing clients and gain enhanced credibility with prospective clients
- Enhance your capability within an international arena
- Expand your business in a new direction and take on a more varied client base
This Advanced Certificate is delivered via our online learning platform and takes six months to complete. Assessment is by way of a 3,500 word assignment. We recommend that you spend between four and six hours per week on personal study for the six months prior to submission of the assignment.
After you have successfully completed the course, you will gain 30 Diploma Level credits towards STEP membership.