Developed with leading industry experts Amelia Renkert-Thomas and Ken McCracken, the Advanced Certificate in Advising the Family Business is a unique, specialist course designed to provide practical knowledge about what differentiates family businesses from other types of clients; introduce theories and frameworks that are needed to better understand family business dynamics, and identify common concerns, transitions and difficulties encountered within a family business.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the complexities of working with family businesses
- Analyse the family business, governance issues and sources of conflict
- Apply a range of proven tools to help the family business achieve its objectives
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge expected of a competent family business adviser operating within the bounds of their own profession of origin
This will in turn enhance family business expertise and capabilities within your firm/department, provide you with access to a wider business and professional community of practice, help you to identify business opportunities in this emerging market and increase credibility with prospective clients.
Delivered through our online learning platform, delegates will have access to a wide range of resources and support, including:
- Interactive eLearning modules comprising a combination of text, videos, podcasts, animations and interactive activities
- Printable versions of the modules and downloadable resources for delegates to keep following completion of the course
- Self-assessment questions and summative tasks for each module
This course will take four to six months to complete and assessment is by way of a 3,500-word assignment. Please note that registration for the assessment is optional, however, for certification and to be awarded the STEP Advanced Certificate in Advising the Family Business it is necessary to complete and pass the assignment. Delegates who successfully complete the qualification will also gain 30 Diploma Level credits towards STEP membership.
Delegates can also study the Advanced Certificate in Family Business Governance, a separate qualification which expands upon the theories and frameworks covered in the Advanced Certificate in Advising the Family Business and puts them into action by working through practical case studies, scenarios and activities. To obtain the full value of each course, we would recommend that both Advanced Certificates are completed in order.
With up to date syllabi exploring the emerging themes and concepts in this fast-evolving field of practice, this suite of Advanced Certificates will provide delegates with an in depth understanding of the theories, practical frameworks and best practices when working with any family business system.