Course Enquiry Form
Fees and Booking
|Course Start Date||
|Corporate booking 3-10 people||149.00||149.00||
|Rolling Start Date (individual booking 12 months access from Start Date)||215.00||215.00||
The Informed Trustee is an innovative e-learning course that will equip you with a broad range of knowledge needed to take on a charity trustee role with expertise and confidence and provides wide-ranging coverage of the legal, regulatory, and financial requirements of charities across the UK.
The course syllabus is designed to encourage a new generation to charity trusteeship and refresh the skills of existing trustees. The learning content has been written by a team of experts from leading UK law and accounting firms, providing relevant content to England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. This course will provide you with the foundation knowledge to empower you to make a real difference as a charity trustee.
This course is delivered online and on demand, and can be accessed via your desktop, tablet or mobile phone. The course focuses on reallife scenarios and the practical application of knowledge. You will have access to the material for 12 months, during which you can work through the topics at your own pace.
This comprehensive course will require approximately 50 hours of study.
The course comprises the following modules:
• Legal form of charity
• Roles and responsibilities
• Membership matters
• Communications and data
• Financial management and tax
• Risk management and sustainability
• Personal development pathway for charity trustees
On completion of this course you will be able to
- Outline charity law and regulations in the jurisdiction of the UK relevant for you (being Scotland or England and Wales or Northern Ireland)
- Identify the responsibilities of a charity trustee from within a range of realistic scenarios
- Understand charity tax and accounting concepts and information that is typically prepared and scrutinised by a board
- Discuss different regulatory, legal and finance information in a charity context
- Recognise relevant risk management and regulatory issues to consider in a range of realistic scenarios
This course will be of rerlevance to those exploring or interested in pursuing a charity trustee role, or chairty trustees looking to refresh their knowledge.
Covers three jurisdictions: England and Wales; Scotland; Northern Ireland. You can choose the content most relevant for you.
Contemporary content: subjects include online meetings, climate risk, data management.
This course is suitable for new trustees, those considering becoming a charity trustee for the first time, or for experienced charity trustees wishing to enhance their knowledge.
Online access. Certification of Completion available on successful completion of multiple-choice test. You can choose the jurisdiction for your test: England and Wales; Scotland; Northern Ireland. Multiple choice test is accessible on conclusion of the course.
To enrol onto this course, please login to your account or register using our online booking portal.
Get in touch...
To discuss your options, or speak to a member of the Admissions Team, please get in touch.