The CPD Module offers a detailed insight into the regulatory landscape in Guernsey, reviewing some of the key the laws, rules and regulations with which funds must comply and guidance issued by the local regulator.
The course an invaluable resource for any professional working, or looking to work, in the funds profession, as well as lawyers, auditors and accountants, compliance professionals, IT developers and those in the banking and trust sector.
You will learn about
- The role and remit of the Guernsey Financial Services Commission (GFSC)
- The Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1987
- Authorised funds and the Rules applicable to them, including:
- The Authorised Collective Investment Schemes (Class A) Rules 2008
- The Authorised Collective Investment Schemes (Class B) Rules 2013
- Collective Investment Schemes (Qualifying Professional Investors Funds) (Class Q) Rules 1998
- The Authorised Closed-Ended Investment Schemes Rules 2008
- Registered funds and the Rules applicable to them, including
- The Registered Collective Investment Schemes Rules 2018
- Prospectus Rules 2018
- Private Investment Fund Rules 2016
- The Licensees (Conduct of Business) Rules 2016
- The Finance Sector Code of Corporate Governance
- Outsourcing of functions by entities licensed under the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 1987
- Licensees (Capital Adequacy) Rules 2010
Students of this course typically include:
- Professionals working in investment funds, fund administration and financial services
- Those working in the private banking and wealth management industry
- Lawyers, auditors, accountants, compliance professional, IT developers and those working in trusts
- Provides a detailed insight into the regulatory landscape in Jersey.
- This course helps professionals understand the regulations in the specific jurisdictions that they work in/with.
- It is delivered fully online and delegates can access the material whenever and wherever they wish over the 12-month period.
- The course has been created in conjunction with Will Morgan (Managing Director) and Victoria Le Poidevin (Senior Manager) from Offshore Consulting Limited.
Format, Delivery and Assessment
This course is delivered through an online learning platform, providing you with twelve months’ access to bespoke, interactive course material written by an industry expert. There is no formal assessment for this course, allowing you to study and learn at your own pace and refer back to the content as and when needed for the purpose of practice. There are 30 nominal hours of study recommended for this course.
For those who are enrolled on, or have previously completed the Certificate or Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration, a discounted course fee of £145.00 is available (+ UK VAT if applicable).
|Course Start Date||
|May 2020 Access||245.00||245.00||
|May 2020 Access (CIFA/ACIFA - Discounted Rate)||145.00||145.00||
|June 2020 Access (CIFA/ACIFA - Discounted Rate)||145.00||145.00||
|June 2020 Access||245.00||245.00||
|July 2020 Access||245.00||245.00||
|July 2020 Access (CIFA/ACIFA - Discounted Rate)||145.00||145.00||
Course Enquiry Form
This course covers the practical areas of fund structures and strategies, accounting and valuation, taxation, and regulation for those working in fund administration or support.
This programme is an intermediate level course suitable for experienced fund administrators and back-office support staff. The course builds on the Certificate in Fund Administration and takes a detailed, practical look at key aspects of fund administration and accounting.
The CPD Module offers a detailed insight into the regulatory landscape in Jersey, reviewing some of the key the laws, rules and regulations with which funds must comply and guidance issued by the local regulator.