The EU General Data Protection Regulation introduced significant change in the way that organisations and individuals comply with data protection. Many organisations are continuously developing their data compliance processes and educating employees to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities.
Data protection is the process of safeguarding important information. The importance of data protection increases as the amount of data created and stored continues to grow at unprecedented rates. It is critical for organisations to build trust with customers and for all employees to:
- Understand the legal position
- Understand the firm’s internal controls and processes
- Play your part in keeping data safe
- Know how to deal with data subjects
- Know the procedure for dealing with a data breach.
This one-hour pre-recorded webinar (delivered by subject matter expert Tracey Calvert) will help you to raise awareness of data protection among the workforce.
Topics covered include:
- The significance of data protection legislation
- The changes brought about by GDPR
- The data protection principles
- Points to consider if you’re a Data Controller
- Thinking about data subjects
- Keeping yourself and your business compliant
- Brexit and Data Protection
- SRA Code of Conduct for Firms.
This webinar will be of interest to all private client professionals, including Lawyers/legal professionals, STEP members/TEPs, professionals working in the international trusts industry, those working in the private banking and wealth management industry, financial advisors, accountants, senior executives, compliance professionals and operational staff working in financial services firms.