The Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration is an intermediate level programme suitable for experienced fund administrators and other back office support staff. This comprehensive course builds on the Certificate in Fund Administration and takes a detailed, practical look at key aspects of fund administration and accounting.
The Advanced Certificate is made up of the following nine modules:
Part 1 - Advanced Fund Structures, Strategies and Regulation
- Key Parties in a Fund
- Fund Lifecycles
- Alternative Investment Funds, Fund of Funds and Debt Funds
- Advanced Regulation
Part 2 - Advanced Fund Accounting and Analysis
- Fundamentals of Fund Accounting
- Accounting for Specific Fund Transactions
- Advanced NAV, GAV and Fee Calculations
- Interpretation of Financial Statements
- Advanced Taxation
Key Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration you will:
- have a detailed understanding of the functions of key parties in a fund and how they meet the needs of stakeholders
- understand the lifecycle of different fund structures, including the processes involved in their closure, winding down and/or liquidation
- be aware of the topical issues surrounding alternative investment funds, fund of funds and debt funds
- have a detailed knowledge of fund regulation and be able to interpret and apply Principal Documents, Scheme Particulars and investment restrictions
- understand the fundamentals of fund accounting and how to account for specific fund transactions
- be able to carry out a range of advanced calculations in relation to a fund, including NAV, GAV, performance fees, and entry and exit charges.
- be able to calculate earnings per share and the total expense ratio, and use ratios to analyse a set of financial statements
- understand the impact of taxation on different fund structures and be able to carry out relevant tax calculations
The Advanced Certificate course is delivered online via a combination of eLearning, text, podcasts and video. Two live virtual classrooms will be held during the course, one relating to Part 1 and the second relating to Part 2.
A one-day Revision Workshop will be held in Jersey and Guernsey (further centres may be added, subject to interest).
Assessment is via an end of course examination.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded the Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration.
You may be interested in studying one of our Specialist Jurisdictional Modules alongside the Advanced Certificate or after completing it. Each module focuses on the regulatory landscape in a particular jurisdiction, enabling you to demonstrate a more detailed understanding of the local fund environment.
The first Specialist Jurisdictional Modules, launched in 2019, will be:
Each Specialist Jurisdictional Module will be delivered online and will cost £145.00 (plus UK VAT at 20% (if applicable)).
To purchase the Module without enrolment on the Certificate or Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration, the fee is £245.00 (+ UK VAT, if applicable) - visit Funds: CPD Library.
Large or small groups of employees can undertake the course concurrently, with customised in-house packages also available. Whilst the Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration course is primarily delivered online, bespoke workshops and face-to-face teaching is available as part of our corporate offering.
To find out more or explore this option for your firm, contact email@example.com to speak with a member of the team.
The course fee for this Advanced Certificateis £1,200 (plus UK VAT at 20% (if applicable).
This includes access to our online learning platform, all course materials, two live virtual classrooms, one day of tuition (or material covering the content if you are not in a face-to-face jurisdiction) and assessment fees.
The course is delivered over six months and we recommend that you spend between four and six hours per week on personal study.
You will have access to the online course materials for a period of 12 months.
Course Dates - Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration - November 2019
Course Dates - Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration - June 2020
Course Dates - Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration - March 2021
The Advanced Certificate is open entry but assumes a core base knowledge of the fund industry acquired through completion of the Certificate (or a similar course of study/practical work experience). It is designed for those who have experience of working as a fund administrator or in a similar back office support role.
If you would like to discuss your background and whether to begin with the Certificate or Advanced Certificate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants should have a good standard of literacy and be aware that the programme is delivered in English.
Certificate in Fund Administration
A three-month, introductory level programme designed for those who are relatively new to the industry or more experienced practitioners who want to refresh their core knowledge.
This course provides a practical introduction to the areas of fund structures and strategies, accounting and valuation, taxation, and regulation for those working in fund administration or support.
Diploma in Fund Administration
An advanced level programme aimed at those who are working in fund administration or operations in a senior or supervisory capacity. This practical, nine-month course examines some of the more complex issues involved in fund administration and looks at how run an efficient and effective back office team.
A series of ‘hot topic’ courses covering the latest industry developments and current best practice. Designed for all levels of expertise.
If you would like further information on these courses, please email email@example.com or visit 'Fund Administration Programmes'.