As the benchmark professional qualification within the trusts and estates industry, this Diploma expands your technical knowledge of the issues arising in the trusts and estates industry, equipping you with the skills you need to develop your own professional competence.
By developing your understanding of the administration of trusts and estates, this course enhances your ability to give clients practical advice on the law and procedures involved.
This programme comprises four Advanced Certificates:
- Wills and Executries: Law and Practice
- Trusts: Law and Practice
- Taxation of Trusts and Estates
- Trust and Executry Accounting
Completing this this course will:
- Improve your ability to give holistic advice to clients as a trusted advisor
- Enable you to demonstrate knowledge of the most up-to-date issues affecting trusts and estates
- Provide your practice with a competitive edge by employing TEP-qualified practitioners
Each Advanced Certificate takes five months to complete and is delivered through our online learning platform and face-to-face workshops (two per Advanced Certificate). The assessment for each Advanced Certificate is a three-hour, closed-book examination and we recommend that you spend 4-6 hours per week on private study for the five months prior to the examination.
You also have the opportunity to attend an optional Computations Day for the Taxation of Trusts and Estates course. This day focuses on computations for all taxes and features lots of practical work covering the mechanics of computation preparation along with the thought processes that are required before attempting the computation.
Once you successfully complete this course you will gain the full 120 credits at Diploma Level.