The STEP Certificate in Compliance for Professional Advisors offers an insight into current anti-money laundering/combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) regulations that have been adopted across different jurisdictions.
The course examines the compliance objectives of STEP and looks at how these are implemented through the STEP Code of Professional Conduct. Practical examples are taken from a range of jurisdictions to suit an international audience.
Completing this Certificate will enable you to:
- Demonstrate up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the regulation of professional service providers
- Ensure that you and your organisation are complying with relevant legislation, regulation and codes of professional conduct
- Demonstrate commitment to client care and enhance the level of service that your organisation provides through the implementation of an effective client care programme
- Act in accordance with the standards of professionalism expected under the STEP Code of Professional Conduct.
This Certificate takes six month to complete and is a fully online course delivered through an online learning platform. Assessment is by way of a 2,000 - 2,500 word assignment and a 1 hour and 45 minute open book examination. Once you have successfully completed this course you will gain 30 Entry Level credits towards STEP membership.
Note: This course is currently under review. If you are interested in the STEP Certificate in Compliance for Professional Advisors, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Certificate is open entry; however, applicants should have a good standard of literacy and be aware that the programme is delivered in English.
The Certificate will be of interest to those who work in the trust field, including:
- Tax advisers
- Trust officers and administrators
- Banking and insurance professionals.
The fee for this course is:
- Non-STEP member: £895 + UK VAT (if applicable)
- Full STEP Members £850 + UK VAT (if applicable)
The fee includes:
- Access to the online learning platform containing:
- bespoke course reading
- self-assessment material
- distance learning support
- Assessment fees
Please note that it is mandatory to maintain your STEP subscription whilst you are studying a STEP Certificate and you will be invoiced by STEP for your annual fees. For further details regarding membership categories, please visit www.step.org/categories.
Peter is a qualified solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales, with over 30 years’ experience in fiduciary services, advising high net worth individuals, family offices and financial institutions. Read More
If you would like further information about this qualification, why not come along to one of our Professional Development Open Evenings?
All are welcome to attend and you will have the opportunity to speak with the Course Director.
Our Professional Development Open Evenings will allow you to explore the programmes and development pathways available, whilst providing you with a platform to network with other industry practitioners, and meet members of the CLTI/STEP team.