Distance Learning Plus (DL+) is the flexible way to study the STEP Certificate and Diploma in International Trust Management. Designed exclusively for those based in small and newly established trust centres where the face-to-face course is not available, it provides delegates with a structured and fully supported route through their studies. Participants study via our online learning platform and have access to a wide range of resources and support, including:
- Introductory webinar
- Structured week-by-week course plan
- Downloadable, soft-copy course materials
- Forum access - discuss your study queries with the course tutor and fellow delegates
- Chat facilities - ‘talk’ to other delegates in real time
- Module-by-module podcasts - listen to an overview of each module before starting your reading
- Module-by-module self-assessment - test your understanding of one module before moving on to the next
- End of course quizzes - ensure that you are fully prepared for the exam by tackling the end of course assignments
- Examination technique webinar - pick up tips on how to tackle exam questions and avoid common pitfalls
The Certificate is open entry; however, applicants should have a good standard of literacy and be aware that the programme is delivered in English.
To register for the Diploma in International Trust Management, applicants must first obtain 60 Entry Level credits. Guidance on how to gain these credits can be found on the STEP Qualifications and Membership Framework page.
The examination dates for DL+ are applicable to the Certificate and all four Advanced Certificates. Re-sit examinations take place on the same dates.
Course Dates - International - DL Programme
The course fee is £895 per paper (plus UK VAT at 20%).
- bespoke soft copy course manual
- access to an online learning platform containing:
- podcasts on each module
- self-assessment material including end of module quizzes
- distance learning support
- examination fees
Additional charges will apply for resit exams and deferrals. Please consult the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment.
Please note that it is mandatory to maintain your STEP subscription whilst you are studying a STEP programme and you will be invoiced by STEP for your annual fees. For further details regarding membership categories, please visit www.step.org/categories.
Applications for exemption will be considered where an applicant holds a qualification that correlates very closely in both content and level to the Advanced Certificate from which exemption is sought. A maximum of two exemptions may be granted from the four Advanced Certificates.
There will be a greater onus on applicants to demonstrate similarity and relevance where the qualification was obtained more than three years ago.
Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order to make an application, you should complete the relevant EA2 form (below) depending on the Advanced Certificate from which you are seeking exemption. You should provide verification that the relevant qualification has been obtained and the syllabus for each prior qualification forming part of your application.
EA2(a) – Exemption Form – Trust Creation: Law and Practice
EA2(b) – Exemption Form – Company Law and Practice
EA2(c) – Exemption Form – Trust Administration and Accounts
EA2(d) – Exemption Form – Trustee Investment and Financial Appraisal