Enrolments for the May 2017 intake in London are still being accepted. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
The STEP Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising is a specialist qualification focusing on key aspects of family business systems, which is delivered through a blend of distance learning and two full workshop days led by industry experts.
Covering the best practices essential to working with a family business, from the first meeting with the client to setting agendas and planning in the long term, you will gain an in-depth understanding of structuring the business and identifying and managing issues within the family.
This course will allow you to:
- Develop your understanding of the complexities of the family enterprise context
- Apply a range of proven tools to help the family enterprise achieve its objectives
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge expected of a competent family enterprise advisor operating from within the bounds of your own profession
- Introduce or enhance a family enterprise specialism in your organisation
- Identify business opportunities, local or international, in what is currently an immature market
- Access a wider business and professional community of practice
By the end of the course, you will have developed extensive knowledge of the complexities of the family enterprise context. You will also be able to confidently demonstrate the skills and knowledge expected of a competent family enterprise advisor operating from within the bounds of your own profession.
Assessment is by way of a 3,500 word written assignment, and we recommend that you spend between four to six hours a week in preparation for the assignment. You should review the course materials prior to attending the workshop to increase your familiarity with them, however, the majority of study will take place during and after the workshop.
After successfully completing this course, you will gain 30 Diploma Level credits towards STEP membership.