CRS: Law & Practice is a new, specialist eLearning course (part of the new STEP CPD Learning range) that has been designed to provide professionals with an accessible and practical guide to the common standard on reporting, due diligence and exchange of information developed by the OECD ahead of first reporting in September 2017.
This course is designed to provide the busy practitioner with a comprehensive commentary on CRS addressing the core requirements and obligations imposed by the Standards through an innovative easy-to-access online course.
This course will provide you with the knowledge, tools and thought processes necessary for practice following a detailed review of:
- The contents of the Common Reporting Standard and Model Competent Authority Agreement;
- The information and documentation required to be reported;
- The impact, current state of implementation and anticipated future enforcement of the Standards; and
- How CRS affects charities and trusts.
The course comprises nine concise yet informative modules:
- Introduction to CRS
- The Principles behind CRS
- The Common Reporting Standard
- The Model Competent Authority Agreement
- CRS and Trusts
- CRS Implementation
- The impact of CRS on the UK and UK Financial Institutions
- The impact of CRS globally
We accept enrolments for this course throughout the year on a rolling basis, which means you can enrol on and complete the course at your own convenience.
This course is suitable for:
- STEP members/TEPs
- Professionals working in the international trusts industry
- Those working in the private banking and wealth management industry, including financial advisors, accountants, senior executives, compliance professionals and operational staff working in financial services firms
- Individuals working in an international commercial business or organisation
- Lawyers/legal professionals
To celebrate the launch of this course, we are offering Full STEP Members and Non-Members a special discounted fee until 25th September 2017:
- Full STEP Members: £195 + UK VAT
- Non-Members: £229 + UK VAT
As of 26th September 2017 the course enrolment fee will be increasing to:
- Full STEP Members: £235 + UK VAT
- Non-Members: £279 + UK VAT
Package Fee for both FATCA and CRS courses from STEP CPD Learning range
Special Launch Fee (for enrolments submitted up to and including 25 September 2017):
- STEP Members £255 + UK VAT
- Non-Members £299 + UK VAT
Course Fee (from 26 September 2017):
- STEP Members £305 + UK VAT
- Non-Members £349 + UK VAT
We are also offering delegates currently enrolled on our FATCA: Law & Practice course the opportunity to enrol before 24 July 2017 on CRS: Law & Practice for the special fee of £149 + UK VAT.
The fee for the course includes access to the online learning platform for a period of 12 months, along with:
- Bespoke course reading
- Interactive eLearning units for each module
- A summative, self-assessment quiz to test your understanding*
- Access to a course discussion forum
- *Note that there is no formal assessment for this course – the self-assessment questions have been designed to help you to assess your knowledge and identify areas requiring further study.