CRS: Law & Practice is a new, specialist eLearning course (part of the new STEP CPD Learning range) that has been designed to provide professionals with an accessible and practical guide to the common standard on reporting, due diligence and exchange of information developed by the OECD ahead of first reporting in September 2017.
This course is designed to provide the busy practitioner with a comprehensive commentary on CRS addressing the core requirements and obligations imposed by the Standards through an innovative easy-to-access online course.
This course will provide you with the knowledge, tools and thought processes necessary for practice following a detailed review of:
- The contents of the Common Reporting Standard and Model Competent Authority Agreement;
- The information and documentation required to be reported;
- The impact, current state of implementation and anticipated future enforcement of the Standards; and
- How CRS affects charities and trusts.
The course comprises nine concise yet informative modules:
- Introduction to CRS
- The Principles behind CRS
- The Common Reporting Standard
- The Model Competent Authority Agreement
- CRS and Trusts
- CRS Implementation
- The impact of CRS on the UK and UK Financial Institutions
- The impact of CRS globally
We accept enrolments for this course throughout the year on a rolling basis, which means you can enrol on and complete the course at your own convenience.
This course is suitable for:
- STEP members/TEPs
- Professionals working in the international trusts industry
- Those working in the private banking and wealth management industry, including financial advisors, accountants, senior executives, compliance professionals and operational staff working in financial services firms
- Individuals working in an international commercial business or organisation
- Lawyers/legal professionals
The course fee is:
- Full STEP Members: £235 + UK VAT
- Non-STEP Members: £279 + UK VAT
Package Fee for both FATCA and CRS courses from STEP CPD Learning range:
- Full STEP Members: £305 + UK VAT
- Non-STEP Members: £349 + UK VAT
The fee for the course includes access to the online learning platform for a period of 12 months, along with:
- Bespoke course reading
- Interactive eLearning units for each module
- A summative, self-assessment quiz to test your understanding*
- Access to a course discussion forum
- *Note that there is no formal assessment for this course – the self-assessment questions have been designed to help you to assess your knowledge and identify areas requiring further study.
If you would like further information about this qualification, why not come along to one of our Professional Development Open Evenings?
All are welcome to attend and you will have the opportunity to speak with the Course Director.
Our Professional Development Open Evenings will allow you to explore the programmes and development pathways available, whilst providing you with a platform to network with other industry practitioners, and meet members of the CLTI/STEP team.
- Hong Kong – 9th November 2017 – 19.00 – 21.00
- Zurich – 21st November 2017 – 17.30 – 19.30
- Jersey – 23rd January 2018 – 17.00 – 19.00
- Geneva – 6th February 2018 – 17.30 – 19.30
- Guernsey – 20th February 2018 – 17.00 – 19.00
- London – 6th March 2018 – 18.00 – 20.00
- Bahamas – 19th March 2018 – 18.00 -20.00
- Cayman – 21st March 2018 – 18.00 -20.00
- Singapore – 9th April 2018 – 17.00 – 19.00
- Bermuda – 23rd April 2018 – 18.00 - 20.00
- IOM – 22nd May 2018 – 18.00 – 20.00
- Hong Kong – 20th August 2018 – 19.00 – 21.00
- Jersey – 18th September 2018 – 17.00 – 19.00
- Geneva – 6th October 2018 – 17.30 – 19.30
- Zurich – 16th October – 17.30 – 19.30
- Guernsey – 27th November 2018 – 17.00 – 19.00
- London – 4th December 2018 – 18.00 -20.00
If you, a friend or a member of your team would like to explore how we can assist you with your learning journey, please send to us details and register a place.
Simply just register online and complete the fields within the form, and we will send to you your booking confirmation (including details of the venue).